Wednesday, February 15, 2006

health update (oh boy!)

Since the phlegm coming out of me is no longer yellowy or greenish, I got sent out the health center door with ibuprofen, sudafed, generic brand robitussin, and a paper on the treatment of the common cold (Wash your hands!). I feel insulted, I must say. It might be viral bronchitis, but it's viral so it's just another, sadder version of the common cold. Drink lots of water! says the paper.
What I don't get is that at one point I did have the Greenish Phlegm of Semi-Serious Illness, so, what? My body fought off a bacterial infection by itself? I wouldn't have figured on that. Yet now it is powerless against a viral infection.

The body sometimes takes a long time to fight these viruses, I was told. Rather contrarily, I was also told to not let myself get run-down. (Get some rest!)

It sort of makes me want to cry. Actually, that might also be the depression. I wish there were some way I could decline to participate in the next 4 weeks. Or, put this life path on hold with the option to pick it up again later, and while it is there in limbo, I would

hmm

I would have a nice time.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

not at this point--doesn't it only work when you're starting to get sick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home