Saturday, April 29, 2006

parent visit update that you don't need, but we all know this blog is really about me talking to myself anyway

Thus far nothing severely traumatic nor secret-revealing has happened. I did say, within an hour, "There is no security" and "Let's stop talking about this; I really don't want to have an argument with you about my future right now". The usual sort of conflict. Nothing Carrie Nation, nothing about lung cancer grandpas. No cries of WE DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE. Just stuff like when my dad recommended me this thing, I don't know if you've heard of it, a day planner? Apparently one can...plan one's day with it....it's like a schedule, see, and you write in it...so crazy! So crazy, yet so potentially life-changing.
I feel very Charlie Brown, with my parents. Very Charlie Brown going AUGH.

Tomorrow we are going to the coast, and to dinner, and they will give me presents they shouldn't because they actually are about to give me a ton of money in the next few months that I will never stop feeling tense about.

They keep asking me weird stuff that makes me anxious, like What do I want them to do with my stuff at their house? Yes all of it and Do I want them to mail anything special to New York (because if I mail it myself, from here, rather than mailing it to them in Bakersfield and having them mail it to New York, then something bad could happen)? Do I want to drive down to the family reunion right before moving to New York, so I can bring my mom back to Salem and she can help me move and then drive my car back to Bakersfield? OH PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME, is the song my heart sings.

I think I will say AUGH one more time and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home