Friday, April 21, 2006

where i chastise myself about my interactions with children, this week.

I seem to have taken to asking children the question, "What is wrong with you?"

The tone saves it?

Also, this was picture day and the adorable ADD girl who comes to school in dirty clothes and always talks to you with this look like she's coming out of thick fog, I was gonna say valium haze, but that's an inappropriate comparison huh, anyway, she was all worried, in her vague way, about her unwashed hair, and though I reassured her about that, I then said, "Have you been...sticking a pen in your ear?"

She gave me the peering-through-haze look. "Yeah." Then rubbed at her ear, poor kid.

Seriously, I asked children what is wrong with them about 6 times today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home