Sunday, March 12, 2006

I've had a somewhat enterprising morning. I went to Michael's for lame stuff, Borders for a book for a lesson Monday, and happenstancedly found a super excellent book I'd never heard of but is TRIPPY and REALITY-BENDING and META and FOR KIDS.
Then! I went around some vacant office parks near a stream, to pilfer landscaping rocks. The kids need them to paint and make their pet rocks. I was not about to buy them, and though I started by trying to steal some around my apartment complex, it just got to feeling weird. So: vacant office parks, near the duck pond and stream. Many ducks were sleeping:



Even though stealing landscaping rocks is among the pettiest of petty thefts, the whole thing felt pleasingly like I was in one of those washed-out, tense 70s crime dramas/heist movies. It was the setting, the dreary sky, and with my cameraphone especially I felt very Conversation.



Yes, yes, I am a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home