Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hi. I thought I would share that last night I finally watched 2046, a movie I talked about wanting to watch for maybe half a year now, a dvd I've had for over a month, maybe 2? (thanks, netflix!)

My goodness, is it a handsome movie. That is my main point, if I were to write a review. One of the best-looking movies you could see. It's pretty good, otherwise, too---great performances, an ok story I guess. Well, there are problems with it, but I can't bring myself to care enough to try explaining them. So overall, pretty awesome film.

I wish the dvd-makers hadn't been so crafty, I would have liked to show you screen captures of how jaw-dropping gorgeous the movie is, I mean just stating it doesn't give you any idea. Pretty pretty pretty. And I have been looking a little for an internet image of the supremely foxy leading man, but strangely, NOTHING does him justice. His face has to be in motion I guess for it to work its wonders, and a mustache helps, because looking at him all fresh-faced at premieres he's like some kind of goofy nice-guy everyman, which he is NOT, he is FUCKING FOXY. Oh my gosh, Tony Leung. I am having heart palpitations just thinking of you.
Sigh.
And, Zhang Ziyi is in it too--you might remember her in Crouching Tiger as the one who looks exquisitely beautiful.
So, the people are gorgeous, the cinematography is gorgeous, it almost hurts your head, the beauty of it all.
RECOMMENDED.



Even though I only have to teach for two days next week, I am deeply cranky I even have that. Plaster of paris, I have to buy plaster of paris and use it tomorrow. God, it makes me resentful. Just wait how happy I will sound this Wednesday.

5 Comments:

At 3/19/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

this comes close

 
At 3/22/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Vivren said...

I've been wanting to watch that movie too! And Amar gave it to me and I've been sitting on it for MONTHs. Now I have to watch it....

 
At 3/22/2006 9:10 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

i think i might have to buy it sometime. i returned it to netflix monday and am having separation anxiety. this might have to do with my tony leung crush.
he's such a bastard in this movie, though. such a handsome, handsome bastard.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:13 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

the picture link is no longer working, OMG

well, you can see it on the second to last row here if you're curious--it's a capture from the movie:
http://www.tonyleung.org/photos/photo12.shtml

 
At 3/23/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger jack said...

I'm a fan of Tony Leung with facial hair too. Why've I not heard of this movie? I feel so removed from Hong Kong, the place I lived in for months just a few years ago. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home