Friday, March 17, 2006

Crap; I am resigned

Greetings!

I feel I should be out drinking, that I am missing the national go-out-drinking holiday. However, it's how it's got to be--I have class tomorrow, and really I am pretty excited to just sit in my apartment without having to do anything. I might make cookies! I might finally watch 2046!

After work today I went and bought the Neko Case album, which I haven't listened to yet but have unwrapped and let me tell you, the cd is very pretty. Bright light blue with an orangey foxy fox. The album, you see, is called Fox Confessor somethingblahablah. Only bad thing to say about packaging: no Neko picture.
The guy at the music store was telling me about good reviews he's heard it got, and dude, for one I know more about this album than you do, it is why I have come here to purchase it, and for another, he then followed that up with his personal opinion of Neko, which is that he sometimes likes her songs, but he mainly just thinks she's cute, except all the recent reviews apparently have pictures of her looking pissy. He said that: pissy. He didn't seem at all confident in the value of my purchase, based on the pissy pictures. It must be really annoying being a woman in the music world.

They didn't have Destroyer's album or Stephin Merritt's, and like had just heard of the Destroyer one. Ok, none of you care because you're not nerds about this kind of thing like I am, I forget. But, you knew too, because you read my blog, so yeah, see---for weeks we've known about Destroyer's album.

I got Deerhoof's The Runners Four instead.

My missing package is going to be delivered to me tonight! By some man in this complex who received it instead of me. It has been several days, though. Actually, 7.
7 days. So this man is a little bit an asshole. But oh well, soon I will have new work clothes! Hurray!

I was going to talk about the Neko thing and then mention this chat I had at lunch today, but I got distracted by my snob annoyance and the package. I should have stuck the snob annoyance in toward the beginning of the music paragraph. This blog entry is sequenced all wrong. Also, it feels boring. But it is too late! There is nothing for it, now. All it can ever be is crap. I am resigned.

Ok, so today at lunch with student teacher colleagues, we were talking about how people in our program are all cliquey, at least in the elementary section, and maybe it's only the elementary section, in which case why? But what I was going to tell you, was that I was told I was in the "political activist" clique. I find that funny, and also kind of maddening. Granted, looking only at this afternoon: I find music world misogyny at the record store, right after going on and on in the car to one of those student teachers about the anti-feminism of one of our professors, so maybe it's appropriate. Another group got called "beer-drinking hippies," so I guess it could have been worse.

Hippies. Hah.

4 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fucking hippies.

 
At 3/18/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Sr. AtĂșn said...

Didn't you listen to Neko Case's album yet?

 
At 3/19/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

i did listen to neko's album, i like it a lot so far.

i'd need to listen to it more, see if the charm wears off, but right now i feel like i was pretty silly earlier in the year trying to figure out whether jenny lewis' album was better than cat power's, when neko's seems to handily beat them both.

 
At 3/23/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

i forgot to say, to scott's comment: exactly my thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home