Saturday, February 25, 2006

`````````

Here's some things to share with you this morning, before I'm off to prepare a massive load of shit for my first week of teaching.

Yesterday afternoon while at school feeling generally miserable as I do while at school, I was tasked with sorting pennies into groups of one hundred, about 8 or 10 groups all together, picking them out from among nickels quarters dimes sacajewas half dollars canadian pennies paperclips doodads and nutmeg. Somehow while doing this the show Deadwood came to mind, and it comforted me greatly. While reading this article this morning, I was again both comforted and reminded of Deadwood. I like Nick Cave a lot.


Here is something fun. I like David Berman a lot. Though, I recently read something that said he hated movies. All movies. And that on Oscars night, he likes to go out so he can see other kindred souls who don't care about movies. I don't mind the not caring about Oscars, but not caring about movies? I guess in an alternate reality we could not marry each other after all, David Berman.

So I'll go have some breakfast now and catch you later. Oh, I was supposed to post songs here. Well, some other time.

2 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but Berman's defense of Shania Twain? It makes me shake my head in amusement/disappointment.

 
At 2/25/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

yeah, that was tough. but dude, the meeting with ginger, with the chemistry. we are so close to alternate-reality marriage.

i also liked the david cross and eugene mirman pieces. i love love love the thought of a young david cross dressed all mod and in love with the Who.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home