Thursday, December 15, 2005

nothing to do with anything

This song is GREAT. It is not mopey. Try it.
I used to think a lot about making t-shirts--never did--but for some reason it was in my head when I first heard this song tonight, and I started thinking what a beautiful thing it would be to make a t-shirt about a song. Not promoting a band; not even an album; no, one particular song, that you are such a freak about that you have made a shirt honoring it.
Not that one can go around with "Burning Airlines Give You So Much More" emblazoned across the chest.

4 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for Brian Eno!

and yes, clothing with reference to "burning airlines" would be a poor fashion choice considering our current hyper-sensitive, socio-political climate... I'm just saying, you know?

 
At 12/17/2005 6:22 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

yeah, that was pretty much my meaning.
ps: i bet it was project runway that had me thinking about t-shirt-making again.

pps: though i ended up in 4 airports today (AUGH) i am safe and sound in bakersfield, despite posting this song a little over a day before my flight, and despite playing this song ON ONE OF MY FLIGHTS.

am i not daring? take that, superstition.

 
At 12/18/2005 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not superstition so much as the federal air marshals...

and what the hell? 4 airports???

 
At 12/18/2005 2:34 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

my flight to sfo was delayed (from there i was supposed to go to bakersfield's airport), so i was late for the sfo to bfl flight. so, what they did was make me go from sfo to burbank, and from there to bakersfield.

whee.

oh, AND they misplaced my baggage (no wonder) and i didn't get it back till about 10 this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home