Sunday, December 04, 2005

i am a nerd

I am watching Vertigo now
I have no willpower
and, here's what I want to share with you: a major epiphany:
DISNEY'S SLEEPING BEAUTY
are you ready?
TOTALLY STOLE THE CREEPY PART OF THEIR SCORE FROM VERTIGO
!
Where Aurora is walking toward the spindle, yeah, I tell you, they would not have that sequence if it weren't for Vertigo. Not just the music, but the greeniness, and the glow.
And then check the dates: Sleeping Beauty, 1959.
Vertigo, 1958!
Why do I feel such triumph
maybe as a means of countering my growing realization that I don't really understand my work sample.
Anyway!

5 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

oh dudes

sleeping beauty, it is kind of semi-necrophilic (sp?)
and SO IS VERTIGO

only sleeping beauty gets way happier than vertigo

i almost wish i had a reason to write an essay on this. something is so wrong with me.

 
At 12/04/2005 3:21 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/04/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

well. sleeping beauty was adapted from tchaikovsky, but i am telling you, tchaikovsky MIXED WITH HERMANN.
i am so right. i have to be.

 
At 12/06/2005 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disney films are so disturbing when you watch them as an "adult." Like that pull-out-the-dusters-feathers from Beauty and the Beast? Warped, I tell you. Though the Vertigo/Sleeping Beauty sounds cool. And I really don't have much to say but I want you to start blogging again so I am making my lame comment contribution to the Save Kristi's Blog Fund.

 
At 12/06/2005 5:48 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

hi cam! there are no lame comments! i adore comments! well, spam comments are lame. but otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home