Monday, May 08, 2006

I said to myself or someone yesterday that I am never so insane as when trying to do academic writing, but oh man, scratch that: I am never so insane as when I have the flu and am trying to do academic writing. Listening to this Brian Eno song on repeat that I just heard today, "Spider and I," over and over, my hands over my eyes, because it is not only nice for the burning eyes, but comfy for the sore neck, rocking back and forth, atonally humming, stopping to laugh at how this must sound to the neighbors on the other side of the paperthin walls, whose tv seems louder than usual, looking at my computer screen briefly, my body says, "oh kristi, let's curl up in a ball and listen again," i resume atonal humming......
I have listened to the song approx 50 times, I kid you not. It's got this great sadness and hopefulness, and this line that sounds really good in context, "we dream of a ship that sails away. a thousand miles away".
I would give it to you, but that involves more effort than I can muster.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 8:05 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

not 50. only 30x.

 
At 5/11/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Vivren said...

I knew you were lying!! LIAR!

Yup, that's what I like to do. Accuse people of being a liar when they have the flu. Or the "flu," as it were.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home