Friday, September 02, 2005

early morning punching

Sometimes my anxiety levels go up a bit, without particular cause, to the point that it's as if I drank pots of coffee constantly, and also...went insane.
Ha. It is a little hard to explain.
So anyway, this is one of those things, like my depression and who knows what all, that actually physically happens to me some times and it's all linked together, but as far as manageability...
Between sitting/lying around in semi-dark all day not quite caring about preparing a meal, and this all-permeating dis-ease/anxiety...usually the latter is what makes me think about medication again. Maybe because it is easier to pick out as a variation from my norm, and also because in the past, medication has helped this part and not the other part. It comes and goes, though, and if I walk a lot and (sorry, people who hate this) smoke a lot, it kind of eases up enough after a few days. The alternative is that I go through the whole rigamarole of getting a psych here and GOD is that annoying, tiring, angry-making.
So I just ride it out a bit, acting a little more awkward, sounding maybe a bit more disjointed and weird (tough to tell, I know), my inhibitions a little lower for some reason as far as what I will let myself say to people, and I'm less clear about saying it too, so...
I don't know quite what I'm saying to you. I just love to share, apparently. Maybe this is one of those inhibition-lowered things, the past week maybe of entries, who knows.

Anyway I started this entry to say, I woke up today really wanting to punch someone. All of my nerviness, which is anxiety but also a bit of generalized anger/frustration, it all focused nicely toward one goal: punching somebody hard. No one in particular. Just someone. Punched. In the face. The feeling's not to the point that I'd actually do it, but the pillow sure isn't a satisfying enough punch. Does this ever happen to you?
If so, what do you do? Ideally I would find a punching bag and gloves I suppose, but I think after all that it would be a let-down. I bet you run around your neighborhood, some of you. Or that you have never wanted to randomly slug something simply because you are awake one morning. But maybe I shouldn't assume.

1 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 11:03 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

today someone in class (college) asked, "you ever just want to punch someone?" she was tired of class.

i looked at her probably like she was magic and said, "often!"

it really was like magic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home