Saturday, August 27, 2005

it's supposed to rain soon. maybe sunday night.

I'm doing homework, yes, on a Saturday night. Because, though it's plentiful, it's not very demanding, and also what else have I got to do.
For one assignment I have to look up a bunch of books that have certain characteristics, and it's interesting, trying to find good ones I've never heard of. Have you read The View from Saturday? It looks really good. I always liked From the Mixed-Up Files.

Here is a sample of my night's work.
4. I like “Singing” best. A lot of the others I looked at in Child’s Garden of Verses were pretty sappy, but this one, though it mentions a “birdie,” is rescued by the last part,
“The organ with the organ man
Is singing in the rain.”
I like that the organ is singing with the organ man, and I like that they are in the rain.

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 11:10 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

oh oh oh amazon review:

Crap = This Book, August 7, 2005
A Kid's Review
I had to read this boook for school my teacher has no taste in books. What a complete waste of time it is confusing. If you like tea, turtles, and a boy who i think likes his cousins and i mean LIKES her then go on with your mad self.

-----
I am SO there, kid.

 
At 8/29/2005 2:57 AM, Blogger Vivren said...

I love "The Mixed up Files"! It was a great book. Yay for children's books.

P.S. Welcome to blogger!

 
At 8/29/2005 7:33 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

I have been in blogger before even you, missy! Then abandoned it for livejournal after a few months. But still.

It is much better than when I used it before...better comment system, maybe prettier...Still a little slow, but them's the breaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home