Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ok, another brief interlude of dylan nerdism

No Direction Home is a weird album--it's all a bunch of different-sounding takes on familiar songs, mostly, though a few early unfamiliar songs are thrown in too. But mainly it's songs I love sounding different, though from the guy I love, and then on the album cover and in the booklet are different versions of album covers I know and love...and yeah, for the most part I'm thinking, "ok they chose the right version to go with." But it's still so cool. So weird. So...alternate reality.
And in one song
Only one song that I've heard of in all the Dylan recordings I've listened to
Dylan forgets his lyrics.

Like, his lyrics are so hard to learn, so intricate, and he changes parts around all the time, but he at least always seems to have the flow going, knows what he's talking about. But in this outtake of Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again he starts going "hmmm....hmmm hmmmm...." and then remembers the lyric mid-sentence...
Dylan humming his own lyrics! HA


I so want to go back in time to the 60s and do him.

1 Comments:

At 2/05/2006 10:10 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

OUTSIDE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home