Friday, August 26, 2005



"4 Yrs," from Nina Nastasia's Dogs

Listening to Nina Nastastia reminds me of the few days I lived in New York. I listened to that album constantly then, except for when I tried to get into Blueberry Boat by the Fiery Furnaces which I bought while there in Brooklyn, in a store I thought at the time would be a place I'd go to many more times. I think it was called Music Matters? Music something. I couldn't really get a hold on Blueberry Boat, but Dogs was easy.

A month or so after moving here, Nina Nastasia's music, along with Neko Case's and Townes Van Zandt's, and bourbon and the movie Paris, Texas, and complete isolation, formed an aesthetic I deeply felt and appreciated and lived inside for entire days at a time. I don't know what else to say about that. Here are two more Nina Nastasia songs, these from another album called The Blackened Air:

Oh, My Stars

The Very Next Day (this is only 33 seconds long, not a mistake)

I'm not going to always put songs up. I just have been in the mood I guess.

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 11:09 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

yeah, i did

 

Post a Comment

<< Home