Thursday, June 15, 2006

last thoughts on student teaching (on this blog)

I thought I'd gotten tough, but man I am missing some children right now real hard. They're kind of ok, the kids.

I had a really hard time not editing that to make it a Who quote.
Every day, in every way, I'm getting less annoying?

I didn't get much of a chance to say bye to my practicum kids, just the main student-teaching ones. I hugged all those, multiple times, and one cried. I nearly cried, there, hugging the small children goodbye forever. Soooo not tough.

I wasn't that professional today, feels like. First there was the talent show (second in a week). Dearie jesus, those talent shows. Huh, I never wrote here about the horrifying talent shows. Too late now, old news for me, no blogging thrill. But yeah, I tried to be teacherly, but kept feeling how not-teacher I am, rolling my eyes at god songs and sharing "oh my god this is terrible" smiles of complicity with seven year olds. Then, I wrote something in trouble kid's autograph book about how I hope he turns into as wonderful a person as I think he will, which, I mean, a) it implies I have doubts about this eventuality, and b) implies he's not a wonderful person now, and c) what the fuck, he's a first grader, how can he understand this?
At least I am free and clear of parent wrath at this point.
THEN I wrote in angry practicum adorable boy's autograph book, when I happened to go outside right when they had to come back in the building and he ran up to me (awwwww!), ok I wrote to him that he was one of my favorites. I wrote that, in his book. I thought about saying "the favorite" and man, what kind of teacher pulls that?

A student teacher! So it's ok. Just, you know. Not next year.

1 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger jack said...

goodbyes make me sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home