Thursday, May 18, 2006

teaching story!

We're doing a unit on the rainforest. For the writing prompt today, the kids were supposed to pretend they were going to go on safari. Many, many, many of them went prepared for bloodshed. My supervising teacher thought one was too much, though, so handed me his paper, asking that I help the kid "come up with a different way to treat an endangered species." He....hah, ok. He was bringing, among other items, a knife, with which to stab a three-toed sloth. Stab.
After some discussion, I got him to reluctantly change "knife" to "camera", "stab" to "take a picture of" (not that I'm spelling like he did, but you know).....but since we ran out of time, the last part of his sentence, "so I could take his toes," doesn't quite make sense.

3 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger jack said...

what do these Oregonian kids think a safari entails??!?

I always imagined savannas, jeeps, khaki clothes, safari hats, and a guide with a rifle, just in case.

 
At 5/19/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

they're with you on the rifle.

 
At 5/23/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Vivren said...

Since when were the toes of an animal used as a trophy? Toes? Ew....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home