Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ok, so my friend Brendan is off touring the world and occasionally posting photos on flickr, and though this is perhaps one of his least exciting photos, considering all that he is doing and seeing, well.



It haunts me.


It is in a bank in Romania.
Ok, so now tell me what the slogan COULD POSSIBLY BE.
Am I missing something? A squirrel, on a bike, with a nut maybe as his basket....



In unrelated news, today I checked out three books from the library, two of which have amazing covers, and what the hell, I am doing nothing else:

scan0012

Shocking!



scan0013
I like this style of '60s drawing a lot. I think this cover, though, is giving me false hope of interracial romance.


I also went to Borders, in my continuing quest to find a decent newsstand. Sadly, kids, the Borders newsstand IS the best I've seen here. Still, no Virginia Quarterly Review, no Zembla, no American Scholar (saw one of those at an otherwise more pathetic newsstand though), no other stuff that looked super cool that I just had to look into...
I bought a New Yorker because of the hooha on certain websites about the Calvin Trillin article, and I got these in the "buff" color, because, sure.
I don't know why I'm telling you any of this, it suddenly seems extremely boring. Maybe tomorrow I'll be more suited to communication with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home