Monday, October 31, 2005

I got out of school at noon today! After grocery shopping, this is how I have spent my time. Clearly the rush of freedom overwhelmed.

I had an idea for a new kind of post for me. It would be like a round-up of what I have looked at on the internet today. Sometimes I wonder if anyone I know reads what I read, or if they would be interested if they happened across it. Sometimes I ask people; most of the time I do not bother. BUT MAYBE THIS WILL BE INTERACTIVE FUN, HERE ON THE CLOCKKILL, MY 4 DEVOTED READERS.
Ok:
Hmm, this might be harder than I thought, because I have an rss reader and so

well anyway, I caught up on this and thought the Zippy the Pinhead entry was pretty funny.

I heard a fun song from here.

I looked at this business and wondered how anyone could be at all surprised. And, who are the Democrats who would be pleased?
?
Ok, NY times. Psh.

I looked at this excitement, which was funny to me because of yesterday's Salon advice column. Which, somehow, was really funny to me in the first place. Anyway, I vote Big Crunch. You?

OH: that slate article was the first of TWO David Letterman references I read on the internet today. Here is the second one, on silly Pitchfork. I really like David Letterman references.
Antony is cool. If you have not heard him and would like to, let me know. Sometimes I don't like chummy interviews, because you know, who the fuck is Martin? Should I know this Drew guy? He has worked with Bjork, apparently. But, then, I like how relaxed they are, and I like some of their little jokes, and so I vote Yes on this chummy interview. Whatever I would be assenting to. Its existence?

I think this other article on Pitchfork today is kind of lame, but I usually think that guy is lame. It's food for thought and all, because yeah women don't get as much respect, and yeah the sexualization/condescension happens and is stupid. But, also, is Chan Marshall not a complete nutter? Offer me evidence to back this interesting assertion. She is also a very good artist, but...let's not go so far as to deny the nutsiness. Ditto Fiona.

Also today I went to Ticketmaster and saw there are apparently no good concerts coming to Portland anytime soon.

Is this completely boring? I HAVE NO IDEA.

I also go to the largehearted boy blog, because he links to interesting stuff usually. So go there and look at today's Shorties and let's see if we click the same links.

I clicked on the Ricky Gervais/Christopher Guest one, and the Liz Phair/feminism one, and the William S. Burroughs/David Bowie one.
Did we match?
I liked the Liz Phair one best. The Bowie interview was kind of crap. I read this huge, awful nytimes article yesterday I think by Maureen Dowd, about feminism these days. And it comes up when I'm talking with people at school, the feminism. So it has been on my mind lately.
It makes me tired, how stupid people are. How stupid and self-defeating. Oh, I forget to say why the Dowd article was dumb. I guess the generalizations, the frequent "young women are like this" statements that flabbergast me as a young woman.
I was going to write a lot more about feminism and how confusing it is, but it made me so tired to try to figure out what I'm saying. Stuff about how weird it is for me to be going into elementary school teaching, but women should be able to be in any profession, and sex should be a positive, not shunned by feminists, but also...what is with people these days? Why...god. I think female chauvinist pigs are gross.
TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON FEMINISM, LOYAL READERS. Or thoughts on anything else. I wonder if I will try to update more often. Maybe.

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

0 comments. sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home