Sunday, September 18, 2005

yeah, yet another post.

I know, shut up already Kristi. Do your homework. Have some dinner.

But I have this song in my head, because I finally got around to watching The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou all the way through, and I had never heard the song "Queen Bitch" before I listened to it play over the ending credits of that film. My GOD that is a good song. The film: when I first tried to watch it, I was in a bad mood I guess, and started feeling like my fears about the movie were justified, that Wes Anderson was being all self-derivative, and no, I don't know how to explain how that is possible. Anyway, I stopped watching. I started again, but stopped because still I was not in the mood. Then like, I don't know, weeks later? Yay for netflix not having due dates. So I watched it last night, and I do think it's flawed, definitely, but in interesting ways. So that I am excited/optimistic about the kinds of things Wes will do later, rather than fearful. He's really weird. In no other movie of his have I felt that as strongly, just the weirdness of him. It's good. I don't like the movie better than the others, but I'd enjoy seeing it again.
Except that I switched netflix plans to the one-at-a-time deal and so I need to return all mine so I can get to all the neat stuff in my queue, like the scary Charlotte Rampling s and m nazi thing, and before that the Bob Newhart Show.
Oh! I should put the Muppet Show in there, if I haven't yet!
One-at-a-time will be hard.

I have been considering movie trips to Portland, to see the ones that don't come here, such as 2046, Grizzly Man, and The Aristocrats. And I want to see Broken Flowers here before it leaves (this Thursday). But this is not saving money. No. BUT, THEN, LIVING IS NOT SAVING MONEY. Yes, that is true.

Yeesh, I ramble a lot, and post too much, and my text is too light and small, and I don't understand how any of you read anything I post. Maybe you pick and choose, going for the short ones or the ones with pictures. That would be wisest.

OH
The reason I started this third entry of the day was to post Queen Bitch because that song is driving me insane in the best way, insane in the way that I have to make other people hear it and go insane too, if they are given to do so.
right here, kittens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home