Friday, September 09, 2005

i am so bored tonight and no one's really online and if i call someone on the phone i will only cough excessively.

I wanted to tell you now about a worrying thing.

I have been on the lookout for comfortable shoes, for work. Not only that, I have been considering several styles offered by the Keds company.

It all started last night when reading Miranda July's blog. I am a little in love with Miranda July. She is dreamy. So she wrote an entry, that was about buying some new shoes, which were called grasshoppers, and had the word grasshoppers printed inside on the bottom, and then seeing a dead grasshopper on her lawn or something when she came home from buying the shoes. And she was thinking, that is like some omen, some dire omen. And how horrible would it be to live life feeling you saw signs of peril all around you, and now maybe she was living her life like that, because now she felt spooked.

I really didn't need to summarize the whole entry for you. The pertinent facts were a) I have a crush on Miranda July and b) Miranda July bought some shoes called grasshoppers.
Conducting an internet search with this magical tool my professors seem so excited about, I believe it's called "google", I found there are many styles of Grasshoppers, the elegant offshoot of Keds.

Whatever else we can say about Keds, they are definitely comfortable, yeah? And if you saw Miranda's movie, I mean she wouldn't buy uncomfortable shoes, right? No one deserves that pain!
Plus also look at them:


That is cute, dammit. It would go with my little sailor jacket! I would feel like going boating! And I would have no blisters!

I am drawn to this style too, because they also look ready for boating. But I can't decide which color is better, and I still get a bit much of a momish vibe. The grayish stone color seems ready for sophisticated yet light-hearted pursuits such as filmgoing and museum trips. But, momish.
The blue

is nice for the dark/light blue contrast, of which I have long been a fan. Not good if I got the other navy blue shoes, but if I did not, these would give me the sailorly feel of navy. YET...why get navy shoes that will not go with my sailor jacket?

This is Miranda's, though hers look like somewhere between this color and the powder blue.


They are nerdy, and yet charming; the sole is too plasticky and white and nursey, and yet the velcro strap is so old school kidish and nerdy that...well, that I love them. And the teachers would accept them as professional footwear because of how nursey and nerdy they are. They would ask me, where did you get those?
The major problem with these is that probably they are not good with anything I'd wear to work, only with my casual wardrobe.
Good thing about all these shoes: so so cheap.

I just wrote a long entry, with pictures, about Keds.
I can't...I don't know, I've been thinking a lot lately about what bad things I am and am not, and ok, let's say I'm a dork, and neurotic, insane and self-sabotaging and fearful and dithering and not at all in any way cool.
Ok!

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh My Kristi. I too have been dreaming about keds. the ones I want can be found here:

http://www.keds.com/images/us/local/products/detail/WF14142.JPG

I mean, goodness! So lovely and green.

I like the loafer style you like as well. cute cute.

I say, give into the keds. They are cheap and cute. We can be keds buddies. It will connect us, even though we are far away from one another.

 
At 9/10/2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

oh, i see by the mischa barton presence there that that's the hip keds site. hah. i don't like all the suede over there though.
those green shoes are good, very jen-ish.
i think i've decided i don't like the loafer style enough. either the little sailor ballet shoes or the nerdy ones that won't help me with my professional attire one bit are what i might end up getting.
stupid shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home