Friday, October 14, 2005

I have talked to you about Townes Van Zandt before, I'm sure, both in this blog and individually, and you know I'm obsessive already so fine. Fine.
But listen to this song.
Oh my gosh, this song.
I fall madly in love with it about every month or so, for at least a week at a time. I don't know, I haven't actually kept such exact records, but you see what I'm saying.

Here it is, link goes dead in 7 days: http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0A4BSU312WFR0230B9R3Y7MZTE

Here is why it's awesome:
THE LYRICS TO ONE OF THE BEST SONGS EVER, BY MR. TOWNES "WHAT A DREAMBOAT" VAN ZANDT:

Won't say I love you, babe,
Won't say I need you, babe,
But I'm gonna get you babe
And I will not do you wrong.
Living's mostly wasting time
And I'll waste my share of mine
But it never feels too good,
So let's don't take too long.
You're soft as glass
And I'm a gentle man;
We got the sky to talk about
And the earth to lie upon.


Days, up and down they come
Like rain on a conga drum
Forget most, remember some
But don't turn none away.
Everything is not enough
And nothin' is too much to bear.
Where you been is good and gone
All you keep is the getting there.


To live is to fly
All low and high,
So shake the dust off of your wings
And the sleep out of your eyes.


It's goodbye to all my friends
It's time to go again
Think of all the poetry
And the pickin' down the line
I'll miss the system here
The bottom's low
And the treble's clear
But it don't pay to think too much
On things you leave behind.
Well I may be gone
But it won't be long
I will be a'bringin' back the melodies
And rhythm that i find.


We all got holes to fill
And them holes are all that's real.
Some fall on you like a storm,
Sometimes you dig your own.
The choice is yours to make,
And time is yours to take;
Some dive into the sea,
Some toil upon the stone.


To live is to fly
All low and high,
So shake the dust off of your wings
And the sleep out of your eyes;


Shake the dust off of your wings
And the tears out of your eyes.

5 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 12:52 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

speaking of songs, stop by here while this delightful mp3's up.
i think this is a very scott song, though i could be wrong.

 
At 10/15/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

i copied and pasted the lyrics, by the way, so don't blame me for spelling errors

 
At 10/15/2005 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's not to love about a good old fashioned R&B rave-up? That'd be great tune to have on a 45.

 
At 10/15/2005 11:24 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

ok, i couldn't take the typos so the lyrics are now EDITED.

none of you dig this song? seriously?

 
At 1/04/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

lameasses, all.

and they will never see i called them lameasses because they won't read monthsold comments!
take that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home