Wednesday, August 02, 2006

this entry is dumb

I have a terrible headache, it's very late, and I really ought to change the time stamp on these entries now but I don't want to deal with that. I thought I would just do a little update. I don't know why, because I talk to most of you other ways more frequently than I blog anymore, but WHATEVER. I guess I feel like I'm in danger of falling off the blogging edge completely, never to be heard from again.

ANYWAY. I am in New York; this is the conclusion of Day 2. First day: got in from a 12:30 am flight; on the 2 flights I took total, there were AT LEAST 3 vomiters. Perhaps 4. I did not investigate this suspicion. Some of you already know about the vomiters. You lucky kids, to hear that tale. Then there was the weird lack of water, turns out it was due to hydrants being opened everywhere because of the heat, then there was my phone blacking out BUT OH MY GOD WHAT IF IT IS BROKEN INSTEAD I thought, weeping over my lost contact with the world because my roommate hadn't come back yet to help me set up internet. THIS IS SO BORING. Anyhow, there were annoyances, also my carpet smells like dog pee, and there's the weirdness with my job, and I don't know what I'm doing here.

I went to a concert tonight, one of Sleater-Kinney's last, the last I will see unless they reunite sometime....and what if I never see those women again? Why would I? UNLESS I LIVED IN PORTLAND AND SAW THEM EVERY NOW AND THEN AT THE COOL PLACES. I don't need to stalk them, to be their best friend, but jeez. To never see Carrie again? As if it wasn't hard enough leaving this Queen Leslie 1982 pretty thing behind. I mean, shoot. Portland's got everything.


So ok, I miss Portland, I miss my pretty boyfriend, I miss Carrie Brownstein even though I just saw her tonight (oh she is the awesomest), I hate not being able to find anything, like cheese, and I wish I lived somewhere gentrified with nice cafes and stupid ritzy grocery stores and maybe even a real drug store and oh, maybe some boutiques or a boutique thrift store! I don't feel comfortable in my neighborhood because it's very un-white and I feel like I am annoying for being white. Isn't that white of me? So lame and white. But there you have it; Kristi in a nutshell. HA

I need to stock my shelves. I need to do a lot of things. I am trying to think of this time in New York, now, as a sort of year abroad. Like, I'll just absorb the culture here, and it will be weird, and I will probably want to leave as soon as it's over, this year, but I will make it through. I will make it through and then I'll know just how wrong for me the place is or isn't. AND I WILL HAVE GROWN. OH, like the flowers.
For the next few months, at the least, it is going to be very very wrong for me here. It is just how I am I guess. I am not a person who should move a lot; yet I keep doing it. And why did I think I could do city living? Because I like Woody Allen? Because I enjoy museums and movies and...parks? That is not city living. Actually, I am pretty sure I would like rich person's city living. I would not feel too bad at all in a nice brownstone with furniture I like and no dog pee and not having to use a key to go the bathroom at night. And cafes and boutiques, and maybe groceries SENT TO ME. That is what rich people can have. Bastards. Yeah, that would not be too bad.

I am nearly always lonely here, so feel free to distract me when you're in the mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home