Monday, August 07, 2006

There is this ad on some subways, I forget which, from the MTA themselves, inquiring if you have lost something? And there are all these terrible drawings, of the things one might lose on the subway. What first caught my eye was the prosthetic limb; I tell you, if you are losing your prosthetic limb, you have more than one serious problem. How would this even happen? "It was there a minute ago..."

Envisioning that scenario was enough to amuse me the first few times I saw the ad, but then I started noticing the other items. Did you lose your boomerang? it wants to know. Maybe you lost your giant cupcake? I say, you lose your giant cupcake, you had best leave it lost. Maybe you have lost your giant swimmy toy? Your inflatable serpent? We might have it! Oh, I remember the other thing I thought was funny: dentures. Again, much like the giant cupcake: don't look back, I say.

Subway ads are stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home